Expresso Wasabi Marinade
1 Short Black coffee
1 Clove Shallot – finely chopped
1 teaspoon brown sugar or honey
1 teaspoon Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® wasabi powder
- 1) Put the short black in a pot.
2) Add the shallot and brown sugar.
3) Heat mixture to reduce to a syrup consistency. Stir continuously
4) Remove from heat. Add Namida® Wasabi paste, and mix well.
5) Allow to cool.
6) Brush on meat or fish and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes before cooking.
Recipe supplied by Karl Luxon – Exceutive Chef, Rutherford Hotel, Nelson.