Lamb Sushi Roll
Serves 4 (32 pieces of sushi)
250 g of minced lamb (shoulder or leg)
160 g sushi rice
4 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
A few leaves of green salad (lettuce, oak leaf …)
1 avocado, cut into 12 slices
4 sheets nori seaweed
4 Tbsp rice vinegar (if other vinegar, reduce the dose)
4 Tbsp coffee sugar
4 pinches of ginger
Wasabi and soy sauce to accompany
Salt and pepper
- Sauté meat 2-3 minutes on high heat with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Season the cooked meat and set aside.
- Cook the rice: it must stick together a little.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar by heating it in a saucepan.
- Add the ginger.
- Pour over rice, stir well without breaking the rice grains.
- Place a sheet of nori smooth shiny side down on the bamboo rolling mat.
- Spread thin layer of Namida® Wasabi Paste on nori from bottom to approx halfway up sheet.
- Spread 1/4 of the cooked rice with the back of a spoon on the nori sheet, leaving the top 2 cm of the nori sheet clear.
- Place the salad on top of the rice from the bottom of the sheet to the middle the sheet.
- Add 1/4 of the cooked lamb and 3 slices of avocado at the bottom of the nori sheet.
- Roll the nori sheet up as tight as possible without tearing the nori.
- Seal the nori by wetting a finger and running it over the clear top edge of the nori sheet and pressing the nori together. It should stick shut.
- Put nori roll aside to rest and cool down before cutting it.
- Wet the blade of a very sharp knife to cut the nori roll.
- Cut the nori roll every 2 cm to produce 8 pieces of sushi per roll.
Enjoy it cold or hot by heating for 1 minute in the microwave.
Serve with soy sauce, add wasabi sparingly if desired.