This is a tasty meal that is fairly simple to put together. You precook the chicken and then you just finish it off prior to serving. Looks as though you have been slaving away in the kitchen for hours :).
Also the Wasabi-Avocado salad can be served separately with a whole range of other proteins.
4 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (can be done the night before, covered, and stored in refrigerator until required).
1 cup white sugar
¼ cup water
½ cup red wine
1 cup orange juice
2 tsp. Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
½ cup diced tomatoes
¼ cup diced red onion
2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes, juiced
2 avocados – peeled, pitted and diced
salt and pepper to taste
1 (10 oz.) package mixed salad greens, rinsed and dried.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Slice chicken into strips and set aside.
- In a large, non-reactive pot, heat sugar and water together over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until caramelized into a deep amber color.
- Remove from heat and slowly (and very carefully – it can splash and burn you) add wine.
- Return to heat and stir until all particles are dissolved. Stirring constantly, add orange juice, adjusting the amount to taste.
- Brush chicken strips with the glaze, and then place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through.
- While chicken is warming, mix Namida® Wasabi Paste and lime juice together.
- Toss together the tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, avocados with Wasabi/lime juice mixture.
- Add salt, and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste, and spoon mixture onto the greens.
- Top with warmed chicken strips and serve.
Note: This is nice served with a crusty piece of french bread.