Sliders with Wasabi Mayonnaise
A slider is basically a small hamburger, and yet they are so much better for family dinners than hamburgers.
The beauty of the slider is that it’s really easy to control how much food everyone gets, so that you all get enough but less gets wasted. Also, because they’re smaller, they cook a little faster and time is always a factor when it comes to getting family dinners ready.
To make these sliders a little special, caramelise some onions and whip up a little Wasabi Mayonnaise. Wasabi Mayonnaise gives an ordinary dinner a bit of a kick and it really couldn’t be easier to make, but of course you can serve with whatever fixings you like best.
500gms (1 lb.) lean minced (ground) beef
1 onion, sliced thin
8 small (Tom Thumb) buns
4 Tbsp Wasabi Mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp salt
Tasty cheese, cut into thin squares
whatever other burger fixings you like
For the onions
- About 45 minutes before you plan to start the sliders, put the onions in a skillet with a tablespoon of butter over low heat.
- Stir occasionally.
- Keep an eye on the onions to make sure they do not burn.
For the sliders
- In a mixing bowl, add the salt and pepper to the ground beef and mix thoroughly.
- Form the beef into a ball and divide in half.
- Divide the halves in half and then once more so that you have 8 balls of about equal size.
- Flatten them into patties.
- Heat a skillet over high heat, when it’s hot place the patties on it.
- Cook them about three minutes on each side, more if you need to, but remember these are thinner than burgers, so they will cook faster.
- Serve the sliders on buns with onions and Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise.
Makes 8 sliders