Snapper with Wasabi Cucumber Sauce
Any sort of firm white fish can be used for this dish. We used Snapper because that was what the fishmonger had. I can’t wait to try this with some hapuka or grouper steaks.
8-oz. red snapper fillet (or other firm white fish)
3 Tbsp. plain yogurt
1 Tbsp. minced red onion
1 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 tsp. soy sauce
1/4 tsp. Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/4 cup very thinly sliced halved and seeded cucumber
1 tsp. each: vegetable oil and sesame oil
- Combine plain yogurt, minced red onion, lemon juice, soy sauce and Namida® Wasabi paste in a small bowl.
- Stir in very thinly sliced halved and seeded cucumber; set aside.
- Season the snapper fillet lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the vegetable oil and sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook fish for 3 to 4 minutes on both sides or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
We used a green salad with this and it was lovely. Tasty and mouth cleansing. I felt refreshed after this meal.