This makes a stunning main course for a dinner party. It needs a sharp wet knife to cut it without it collapsing.
1 Kg (2 lbs) salmon – sliced thin sashimi style
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp shoyu or dry white wine
2 Tbsp chili sauce
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2.2 Kg (5 lbs) sushi rice
- Mix shoyu and chili sauce together in a bowl.
- Put fish into bowl and make sure fish is covered in mixture.
- Spread thin layer of Namida® Wasabi Paste on a sheet of Nori.
- Place sheet of nori with wasabi up on a plate you can refrigerate.
- Place approx 12mm (1/2 inch) Sushi Rice on nori sheet. Try and keep rice from spilling over edges.
- Place slices of fish carefully on top of the sushi rice in a layer.
- Sprinkle surface of fish with shredded nori and green onions.
- Cover surface with thin layer of Mayonnaise.
- Go back to step 3 and repeat for the next layer.
- If you want the cake to go higher than 2 levels then you will need to support the sides otherwise it all collapses. 🙁
- Place in refrigerator to firm up before serving.