Wasabi Flank Steak & Miso Glazed Potatoes
This is a beautiful dish to serve to your dinner guests or family.
2 Tbsp Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp grated and drained horseradish
1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Kg (2-pound) flank steak
4 tsp canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
500 gms (1 lb) fingerling potatoes
1 Tbsp miso
1 Tbsp mirin
1 bunch watercress, stemmed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and preheat a cast-iron grill pan.
- In a bowl, combine the Namida® 100% Wasabi Powder and water.
- Stir in the horseradish and soy sauce.
- Rub the steak with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak on very high heat until lightly charred, 5 minutes.
- Flip the steak and spread the Wasabi and Horseradish mix over the charred side.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and roast the steak for 10 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees with an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Drain, let cool then peel.
- Wipe out the saucepan, add remaining oil and the potatoes and cook over moderate heat, stirring until golden, 5 minutes.
- Combine the miso and mirin, add to the potatoes and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain, serve with potatoes and watercress or steamed asparagus.