Wasabi Ginger Butter Sauce
This is a recipe for a tangy and spicy sauce that is great used on fish and grilled shrimp.
1 shallot, chopped
1-inch ginger root, chopped
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup white wine
2 Tbsp heavy cream
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- In a small saucepan, combine shallot, ginger, wasabi, vinegar, and wine.
- Cook on medium heat until liquids reduces to 1 tablespoon.
- Add cream and soy sauce, continue to cook until cream mixture reduces to 1-1/2 tablespoons.
- Lower heat; whisk in butter cubes one at a time.
- Remove from heat and strain. Makes about 1 cup.