[Wasabi News] All the news we can find about Wasabi
The Wasabi News you will find on this page is collected by me (the Wasabi Maestro) from around the world so that you don’t spend your time doing the same thing.
I am continually looking for new ideas about what people are doing with Wasabi (Wasabia japonica), so if you are looking for Wasabi News about restaurants, software or industrial conglomerates then you are definitely in the wrong place. 🙂
There are three main areas of Wasabi News that I am interested in and they are Food, Growing and Health. Of particular interest to me is Wasabi Growing, but apart from me there doesn’t seem to be anyone trying to spread the knowledge. 🙁
So most of the information you will find here will relate to Food with recipes and ideas that you might want to try out, and the Extreme Health Benefits from using Wasabia japonica as a supplement or eating it fresh.
- 12 Cancers of SmokingSmoking causes 12 types of cancers. Some can be avoided and most can be prevented. In depth look at cancer prevention for the smoker and their immediate family. Non smokers are also killed by second hand smoke, so children in the smokers home are at risk.
- Postal Rebate on all ordersPostal Rebate of USD$8.00 on all orders for Sawa Wasabia japonica capsules The best natural cancer killer is now available with a Postal Rebate that covers most or all of the postage shipping costs. If you live in the USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, China and Hong Kong your shipping is now effectively free or very minimal. If you ...
- Rat Lung DiseaseRat Lung Disease now spreading through Hawaii and affecting more humans with serious head aches and ongoing complications. Can cause death and disability. Read more here.
- Revamped WebsiteThe Wasabi.org website has been revamped to make it easier for you to find your way around.
- Free Wasabi Growing Training CourseAfter 25 years plus in the industry with many growing and processing innovations under his belt, Michel has decided that the only way to get more wasabi available to the food and health market is to open the doors to the vault. Start here if you want to grow Wasabi commercially.
- Health benefits of cuminCumin has a lot of health benefits when consumed on a daily basis as part of a balanced diet. From liver detox to anti-cancer properties – you owe it to yourself to read this article and improve your health.
- Is wasabi a spice?Is Wasabi a spice or a condiment? Is it spicy or is it hot? These are some of the questions that this article explores.
- Wasabi can help to prevent and inhibit cancer cell growthLatest study linking wasabi and its isothiocyanates content to a cure for cancer was published in the Oxford Journal. ITCs are an organic compound that are known to “strongly inhibit” the development and progression of most types of cancer.
- wasabiseller.com open for businessA new website for wasabi growers and wholesalers to let their customers about wasabi product they have available for sale. If the initial offer is anything to go by then there should be people lining up to buy from this site. This has been designed for wholesale buyers with a minimum order value of USD$1,000. ...
- Difference between Mustard and WasabiFake Wasabi is normally made from Mustard, Horseradish and additives. Here are the differences between Mustard and Wasabia japonica and store bought Wasabi
- Market price for wasabi forecast to grow approximately 10%Costs continue to drive the market price of Wasabia japonica up. This coupled with growing requirements and a degrading environment means costs will continue to increase. Decreased number of growers and increased production costs are not helping either.
- First report of phytophthora rot on Wasabia japonica caused by Phytophthora drechsleri in Japan98% of crops destroyed. Read more here and how to reduce risk.
- What is wasabi?Most wasabi is not true to label. Food manufacturers deliberately mislead and defraud the consumer. Find out what is really in your wasabi served with sushi.
- Wasabi in Northern IrelandStartup or research into wasabi growing in Northern Ireland. Not clear on detail but plans to sell wasabi leaves and stems to the Japanese. See my comments.
- Wasabi List v1.3.2 Now availableYou can download this latest version here. There are more and more “Wasabi” products coming on the market and yet they are all fake or diluted to such an extent that there is no flavour that you can taste from true Wasabia japonica. The only 100% Pure Wasabia japonica powders available to the public are Namida 100% ...
- What’s the difference between horseradish and wasabiFake wasabi uses horseradish, and True Wasabi uses the plant Wasabia japonica. Most wasabi products on store shelves use horseradish – find out why here.
- Some Sushi will kill you*The full report can be found here.
- Health Benefits of Wasabi
- Fake Wasabi SeedsThere are a number of people purporting to be selling “Wasabi” seeds over the Internet at a price in the region of $2.00 per 100 plus postage. Most of these offers are from China. MOST IF NOT ALL ARE FAKE.
- Wasabi List v1.3.1 Now availableA new version of the Wasabi List has been released. You can download this latest version here. There are more and more “Wasabi” products coming on the market and yet they are all fake or diluted to such an extent that there is no flavour that you can taste from true Wasabia japonica. The only 100% Pure Wasabia ...