This is a recipe that uses up the leftover Wasabi Mashed Potatoes that your last night dinner guests didn’t finish. Although in my house that doesn’t normally happen so I have to make another lot for this simple recipe. 🙂
So if you need to make some from scratch, here is the recipe.
In addition you will need;
Finely chopped up spring onions
1 Tbsp. Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder.
Oil of your choice for frying.
- Make up the Namida® Wasabi Paste and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Chop up the sping onions very finely.
- Mix spring onions and Namida® Wasabi Paste into the mashed potato.
- Heat the oil up in a frying pan until medium hot. The fritter should sizzle when put into the pan.
- Form the mashed potato mix into the shape you want the fritters to be – square, rectangular, round, wedges, gingerbread men, etc.
- Place carefully into the hot oil and cook one side until you can see golden edge, then turn over and cook other side. This normally only takes a couple of minutes.
- Place onto paper towels to drain.
- Serve immediately with a spicy relish or Wasabi Mayonnaise.
These are lovely as a breakfast or brunch with whatever else you fancy.
[…] the Wasabi Mashed Potatoes to make Wasabi Potato Fritters. Keep these warm. I like the round fritter, but thick toasted bread also works – it also […]