Wasabi Salmon and Rice Salad
This recipe is easy to make, and can be made the night before – at least with the marinated cooked salmon. A healthy and tasty lunch or evening meal for the whole family.
450g piece good-quality salmon fillets, without skin
3 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
6 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp castor sugar
150g basmati and wild rice
150g mangetout, (snow peas or snap peas), halved
4 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and sliced
20g fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5.
- Shake the soy sauce, Namida® Wasabi paste, lime juice and sugar together in a clean jar.
- Set aside.
- Season the salmon
- Place salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Put in a snug-fitting shallow dish, pour over half the dressing and set aside to cool.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the mangetout for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time.
- Cool under cold running water and drain again.
- Tip the rice and mangetout into a large bowl, add the spring onions, mint, poppy seeds and remaining Wasabi dressing and mix.
- Add the cooled salmon and its dressing, and mix gently, trying not too break the salmon up too much.
- Season and serve.