A quick and easy protein filled burger with lots of goodness that the kids (and adults) will love.
This is a burger with a difference. Firstly we are using salmon as the protein source, and secondly we are using wasabi as an ingredient instead of using relish or pickle. You can use these as well, but I find that you tend to lose the flavour of the salmon.
For this particular burger we are making salmon patties that can be made in bulk and frozen for later use if required. Also the wasabi is being used as a condiment instead of a spice.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 700 gms (1.5 lbs) salmon fillets (skin and bones removed)
- 1 Tbsp. Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise (or creme fraiche or sour cream)
- 1 Tbsp. cold water
- 1/2 small onion, cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. garlic chives, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh lemon basil
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. hot sesame oil
- 2 tsp. tamari sauce or 2 tsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko
- 6 sesame rolls or 6 poppy seed rolls, toasted
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons relish (if desired)
2. Mix activated Namida® Wasabi Paste with lemon juice, mix in mayonnaise (or alternative), cover and chill until ready to use.
3. Place onion in a food processor with blade attachment and pulse to mince onion.
4. With processor running add garlic chives and garlic and follow with minced garlic cloves, chopped fresh lemon basil, grated fresh ginger, brown sugar, hot sesame oil, tamari sauce (or soy sauce), egg , seasoned panko, and salmon fillets in order.
5. When you get to the salmon start to pulse until all is coarsely chopped and all ingredients are mixed.
6. Form 6 patties and lightly spray olive oil on them.
7. Preheat grill to very hot.
8. Place patties on grill and reduce heat to medium.
9. Grill for 3 minutes and flip grill for 4 more minutes.
10. Spread 1/12 of the mayo on the top and bottom of each halved toasted roll, top with lettuce, tomato, burger, and spread relish if desired on burger.
11. Top with other half of toasted bun and enjoy.
You can purchase 100% Pure Wasabia japonica rhizome powder here. This powder is freeze dried to retain all the ITC content and contains no additives.
Copyright: 2017 - Present; World Wasabi Inc., All rights reserved