Crab Meat Roll
3 cups White medium grain rice
1 cup Rice vinegar
1 cup White sugar
2 tsp Salt (heaped)
1 cup Lump crab meat; fresh or drained canned, well picked over
3 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise
1/2 Cucumber; cut in thin long strips
6 Nori sheets (seaweed)
- Mix vinegar sauce in saucepan
- Heat mixture over low heat until sugar and salt is dissolved in the vinegar.
- Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool while rice is cooking.
- Cook rice.
- Let steam after cooking for 20 minutes, then put into large mixing bowl and add 1 cup of cooled vinegar sauce.
- Toss rice lightly but thoroughly with vinegar sauce.
- When rice is cooled, spread about 1 inch thick on a sheet of nori, leaving about 1 1/2 inches uncovered at one edge of nori to use as a sealing flap.
Note: Wet finger tips in leftover vinegar sauce to make rice easier to handle.
- Mix Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise with crab meat.
- Place crab meat mix and cucumber in a thin line across the rice.
- Roll the rice into a cylinder, nori side out and crabmeat in the middle.
- Use a bamboo sushi roller or an acrylic sushi press.
- Slice across the sushi roll into 8 pieces and serve with Namida® Wasabi Soy Sauce
Cooked salmon, lobster meat, surimi or chicken may be substituted for the crabmeat.
Yield: 48 pieces