Different Sushi Roll
This sushi roll shows what you can do with this traditional Japanese food. Basically, whatever you have available will make a sushi roll. 🙂
4 tapioca papers
12 ozs sushi rice
8 ozs pulled BBQ pork butt
16 french fries (crispy)
8 slices avocado (1/4-inch thick)
4 Tbsp Spicy Chili Mayo, recipe follows
Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder, for garnish
Gari (pickled ginger), for garnish
- In shallow pan with hot water gentle re-hydrate tapioca paper, until soft.
- Place paper on rolling mat and apply sushi rice on 2/3 of paper.
- Place pulled pork, French fries, and avocado on rice.
- Firmly roll paper into itself creating a maki roll.
- Move mat to 1 side of roll and firm up the end with palm of your hand, and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Cut each roll into 6 equal pieces and garnish on top of roll with Spicy Chili Mayo.
Garnish plate with Namida® Wasabi paste and gari.
Spicy Chili Mayo
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp mirin
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp tamari
1/2 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp chili paste
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly and refrigerate until required.