This is easy to make the night before and serve up at your party. It not only tastes good, but it looks pretty as well. Just remember to let the cream cheese soften slightly before serving.
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp toasted sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup wasabi peas
- In a small bowl, mix Namida® Wasabi Paste, and sweet chili sauce.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil and Wasabi mixture. Blend well.
- Taste and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer Wasabi Cheese to a serving platter, smoothing the mixture to form a mound.
- Press wasabi peas into the mound.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with sesame rice crackers.
–Add ¼ cup sour cream to Wasabi Cheese to create a spreadable consistency perfect for spreading on sandwiches or rolling up inside of deli roast beef slices to serve as an appetizer.
–For more kick, add another tablespoon (or more) of Namida®: Wasabi Paste to the cheese mixture.