Fresh Salmon Salad with Wasabi Dressing
This is a fresh, healthy, and tasty meal that is both visually appealing and has great flavour. You can add more vegetables or ingredients to make your own version.
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cucumber sliced thinly
1/2 avocado sliced
1/2 cup peeled and grated daikon root (can use carrots instead)
1 sheet Nori, cut into thin strips
thin slices of ginger root (optional)
6 – 8 oz fresh Salmon fillets
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
6 Tbsp brown rice vinegar (almost any vinegar will do)
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil.
- Use a rice cooker or use the traditional method to cook your rice.
- Set oven to 400 deg F and allow to get to temperature.
- Put salmon in a light marinade of soy sauce, water, and some ginger slices.
- Prepare your vegetables. Put everything in little bowls, except the ingredients for the dressing. This makes it much easier to put the meals together later.
- Use a skillet (preferably cast iron) and put in a few tablespoons of Sunflower oil and set it on high.
- When the pan is nice and hot, put in the salmon.
- Sear it on each side for 1 minute, then place in the hot oven for 6 minutes. Use a knife to ensure the salmon is fully cooked.
- While the salmon is cooking, or after it is done, put together the dressing by combining sugar, vinegar and soy sauce and whisking it. Finally add Namida® Wasabi Paste and sesame oil and whisk again.
- Serve the Salmon and allow the guests to select their own vegetables from the bowls prepared earlier.
- Use the dressing as required.
This recipe is just as good cold. Vary the salad ingredients to suit your taste.