Green Bean Wasabi Pickles
This is a Japanese style pickle that should be eaten within a few days of being made. Serve it as a side dish with your main course. If you want to use other in-season vegetables instead of the green beans, then go for it.
500 gms (1 lb) green beans
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder, mixed with water to make a runny slurry.
1-1/2 cups water
3/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tsp sugar
3 tsp salt
- Place the green beans in a plastic or glass container.
- Pour the runny Namida® Wasabi Paste on top of the beans.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the remaining ingredients to a boil, remove from heat and pour over the green beans.
- Place on top a same-size container filled with enough water to weigh down the beans.
- Let it stand 3 days, then refrigerate.
Keeps for about a week in the fridge.