Wasabi Crab on Green Onion Pancakes
This is a versatile recipe where you can use canned fish, salmon or even shellfish with. Makes a savory bite size appetiser for guests or family.
2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained
4 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1 tsp finely chopped chives
Green Onion Pancakes
4 flour tortillas
1 large egg, lighly beaten
2 Tbsp green onions, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp chopped chives, garnish
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste, garnish (optional) made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder.
- In medium bowl combine all ingredients for crabmeat mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat 1 side of each tortilla, with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle each of 2 tortillas, egg sides up, with 1 tablespoon sliced green onions.
- Take remaining 2 tortillas egg sides facing down and place on top of onion sprinkled tortillas.
- Press firmly together.
- With a 50mm (2″) round cutter (or empty tomato paste can with top and bottom removed) carefully cut 8-10 rounds from each tortilla sandwich.
- Place green onion pancakes in a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Toast pancake until golden brown on each side.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- To serve, spoon a small amount of crab mixture on top of each pancake.
- Garnish with chives and a very, very, small amount of Namida® Wasabi Paste.