A Simple Japanese salad dressing
• 2 tablespoons of Kikkoman soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons of Mirin
• 1/2 teaspoon of Namida wasabi paste – made from Namida 100% Wasabi Powder
• 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs (Japanese coarse bread crumbs)
• 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil
• 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
• 1 1/2 tablespoon of Japanese rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
• 1/4 teaspoon of ginger grated
• 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar (leave this out if you want – I prefer the dressing without this)
Here’s an easy one. Just mix all the above ingredients in a glass jar and shake well. Serve with green salad leaves.
You can keep this Japanese Salad dressing in the refrigerator for a few days (without the sugar, it keeps even longer). It can be used as a dip as well as dressing. I have even used it as a marinade and that works as well, A really versatile dressing that is worth making on a regular basis.