Lamb Shanks with Wasabi
A restaurant quality dish that you can cook at home. Even tastes good heated up again. 🙂
6 Lamb Shanks
8 large Potatoes – sliced
1 large Onion – sliced
500 gm (16 ozs) Sour cream (pottle)
3 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
3 tsp Honey
3 Tbs Tomato sauce (or paste)
2 Tbs Soy sauce
6 Tbs Mozzarella cheese – grated
- In a roasting dish, grease or butter the inside, place one layer of sliced potato, a layer of sliced onion and a second layer of sliced potato.
- Cover top layer of potatoes with the sour cream.
- Place the lamb shanks on top not touching one another, smear with the Namida® Wasabi Paste, honey, tomato sauce or paste, and soy sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 2 hours at 220 deg C (430 deg F).
- Remove from oven, remove foil carefully as the steam can burn.
- Turn lamb shanks over, add grated mozzarella cheese to the top of the potatoes between the lamb shanks.
- Return to oven to brown the lamb shanks, approx. 20 mins.
- Serve with a green vegetable, and crusty French bread for the gravy.
Low Fat Variation: Use 2 cups of Beef Stock to replace the Sour Cream.