Lamb Shanks with Wasabi
This recipe is a favourite in our family.
6 lamb shanks
8 large potatoes, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
16 ounces sour cream (pottle)
3 tsp Namida® 100% Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
3 tsp honey
3 Tbsp tomato sauce
3 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp soy sauce
6 Tbsp grated Mozzarella cheese
- In a roasting dish, grease or butter the inside, place one layer of sliced potato, a layer of sliced onion and a second layer of sliced potato.
- Cover top layer of potatoes with the sour cream.
- Place the lamb shanks on top not touching one another, smear with the wasabi paste, honey, tomato sauce or paste, and soy sauce.
- Cover with foil and cook in oven for 2 hours at 430ºF.
- Remove from oven, remove foil carefully [you can get steam burns].
- Turn lamb shanks over, add grated Mozzarella cheese to the top of the potatoes between the lamb shanks.
- Return to oven to brown the lamb shanks, approx. 20 minutes.
Notes: Low Fat Variation: Use 2 cups of beef stock to replace the sour cream.
Serving Ideas: Serve with a green vegetable, and crusty French bread for the gravy.