Wasabi Roasted Asparagus
This tender and savory fresh asparagus makes an excellent side dish or appetizer. Just the right balance of sweet and spicy.
1 bunch (12-16 ounces) asparagus
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar or to taste
1/4 tsp sesame oil
Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder (to taste)
coarse kosher or sea salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash asparagus, snap off tough bottoms of spears, and arrange it on a baking sheet.
- Mix water, butter, sugar, soy sauce, and sesame oil in a small bowl.
- Add Namida® Wasabi Paste, starting with 1/4 teaspoon and increasing until the mixture is as spicy as you want it.
- Brush the wasabi mixture over all sides of the asparagus.
- Roast until asparagus is tender but still crisp, about 10-15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve sprinkled with kosher salt, if desired.