Wasabi and Basil Salmon Wrapped in Cabbage Roll
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped basil
Salt and pepper
2 8-ounce salmon fillets, quartered
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 large fresh cabbage
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil, add cabbage and cook until tender.
- Remove cabbage and separate leaves.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix oil, basil, salt and pepper.
- Rub salmon with mixture.
- Mix mustard and wasabi together.
- Spread on cabbage leaf.
- Place salmon face down in the middle of the cabbage leaf and wrap like a package so that fish is fully covered.
- The cabbage leaf will stick to itself and the fish.
- Place wrapped fish in a slightly oiled baking dish.
The general rule for fish is to cook it 10 minutes for each inch of thickness.