Meat loaves with Wasabi Garlic Mash
Ingredients – Individual Meat Loaves
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1/2 green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
500 gms (1 lb) lean minced (ground) beef
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 cup matzoh meal
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried thyme leaves
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425° F).
- Lightly spray 4 (6-ounce) ramekins with cooking spray.
- In a small saute pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onions and peppers for 6 to 7 minutes. Allow them to caramellise slightly – do not burn them.
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste
- While vegetables are cooking, combine minced beef, egg, bread crumbs, matzoh meal, salt, pepper, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- Add garlic to vegetables and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add vegetables to the ground beef mixture and mix until combined.
- Form into 4 balls and place in prepared ramekins.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Serve in the ramekins with Wasabi Garlic Mashed Potatoes on the side.
A simple green salad completes this meal.