Grilled Salmon with Wasabi Cucumber Sauce
This is a comfort food with a light, spicy twist. You will enjoy this in the cooler part of the day.
You don’t have to use purple potatoes, but slightly coloured potatoes brings a bit of colour therapy to the plate. 🙂
Ingredients – per serving
225 gms (8 ozs) Salmon Fillets
85 gms (3 ozs) Purple Potatoes
85 gms (3 ozs) Asparagus Spears – frozen can be used
30 gms (1 oz) Wasabi Cucumber Sauce
- Preheat grill to medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place skin side up, cook for approximately 6-8 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Purple Mashed Potatoes:
- Wash and quarter purple potatoes length wise.
- Cover potatoes with water, bring to a boil and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Drain water from potatoes and add work milk and butter.
- Mash to desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Place mashed potatoes on plate, salmon on top.
- Serve with steamed asparagus and drizzle Wasabi Cucumber Sauce over grilled salmon.