Salmon Sashimi Cocktail Tarts
The secret to elegant, stress-free entertaining is with these make ahead cocktail tempters.
375g block puff pastry, thawed
1/4 cup (60ml) rice vinegar
1 Tbsp mirin
1 1/2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp grated ginger
400gms sashimi-grade salmon, chopped
2 cups micro cress (or any micro green)
Wasabi avocado dressing
2 Tbsp caster sugar
Flesh of 1 avocado
Juice of 1 lime
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll out the pastry to a 30cm x 20cm rectangle.
- Cut pastry into 5 lengthways and 7 widthways to make 35 rectangles, then place on the lined tray.
- Prick pastry with a fork.
- Cover with another sheet of baking paper, then a heavy baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Remove top tray and paper, then allow tartines to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for the Wasabi Avocado dressing, place sugar and 2 Tbsp water in a small pan over low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Cool, then whiz in a processor with avocado, lime and Namida® Wasabi Paste. Season to taste, then set aside.
- Combine the vinegar, mirin, soy sauce and grated ginger in a small bowl.
- When ready to serve, spread each tart with some avocado, top with salmon and garnish with cress.
- Drizzle with a little Wasabi Avocado dressing just before serving.
I also like these with Wasabi mayonnaise under the Avocado on top of the tart.