This is what could be regarded as a standard Mediterranean style salad, but with a tasty twist.
Mediterranean Wasabi Salad
- 3 cups organic cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 3 fresh apricots, washed, pitted and quartered
- 1 small red onion, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- green olives – small “Koroneiki” variety (but any type of olive will be just as great too)
- 1 tsp Namida Wasabi Powder
- 1 tsp cold water
- juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
1. Mix the Namida Wasabi Powder with the cold water to a smooth paste, cover and put aside for 5 minutes. See the video here.
2. Prepare the vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar and salt.
3. Whisk in the Namida Wasabi paste into the vinaigrette.
4. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, apricots and onions.
5. Add the vinaigrette. Stir well.
6. Serve the salad and top with some crumbled feta cheese and olives.
7. This salad is perfect for grilled chicken or seafood.