Mini Salmon Wasabi Rounds
These make tasty little canapés or appetisers for your cocktail or dinner party. Can be made up before hand and stored covered until required. Use smoked salmon if you don’t want to go to the trouble of preparing the salmon.
350 gms (3/4 lb) salmon fillet
Salt and pepper
24 50 mm x 50 mm (two inch by two inch) slices of pumpernickel cocktail bread
Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise
Fresh dill sprigs for garnish
- Brush salmon fillet with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Prepare a charcoal grill and brush the grilling rack with oil.
- Grill the fish for 5 minutes on each side, or until the fish is almost cooked through.
- Remove to a plate and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- If baking, preheat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F).
- Place rack in center if oven.
- Bake fish 15 to 20 minutes until it is flaky and almost cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest.
- With a fork, remove the skin and flake the fish into 24 small pieces.
- Cut each slice of pumpernickel bread with a 1 1/2 inch round cookie cutter.
- Spread a small amount of Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise over each round.
- Place the salmon over the Namida® Wasabi Mayonnaise and top with a sprig of fresh dill.
- Serve at room temperature.