Prawn Balls With Wasabi Paste Soy Dip
350g (12 oz) cooked peeled prawns
2 Tbs flour
50g (2oz) fresh breadcrumbs
1 egg beaten
1/2 small onion (very finely chopped)
50g (2oz) desiccated coconut
1 Tbs chopped coriander
Grated rind and juice of 1/2 lime
1 small green chilli seeded and chopped
1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 1) Place the prawns, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, coriander, lime juice and rind, chilli and spice in a blender.
2) Purée to form a smooth paste.
3) Chill for 30 minutes.
4) Divide the prawn mixture into 12 and roll each piece into small balls.
5) Dust lightly with flour,
6) Dip into the egg.
7) Then into the coconut to completely coat the balls.
8) Chill for another 30 minutes.
9) Heat the oil in a heavy based pan, and fry the balls in batches for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden.
10) Drain on kitchen paper, keep warm while remaining balls are fried.
11) Serve hot with the Namida® Wasabi Paste Soy Dip.