Sirloin Steaks with Wasabi Crust
4 New York Sirloin Steaks- 6 oz. Each
4 Tbsp. Teriyaki Sauce
1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
1¼ cups Panko Bread Crumbs
1 Tbsp. Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 Tbsp. Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
4 Tbsp. Melted Butter
Salt and Black Pepper
- Lightly coat the beef on both sides with the teriyaki sauce. Add some Namida® Wasabi Paste to the sauce if you want it extra spicy.
- Let marinate under refrigeration for 30 minutes.
- While heating sauté pan on medium high, pat dry the beef steaks with a paper towel, and season both sides with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to pan, and add beef, and let brown very well for about at least 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove meat from pan, and place on baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Prepare the wasabi crust by combining the bread crumbs, wasabi powder, melted butter, seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Evenly divide the bread crumb mixture over the steaks, packing gently to adhere.
- Place the meat in the oven and cook for varying amounts of time depending on doneness desired.
- Using an instant read thermometer, check for your desired doneness. 125 °F for medium rare, 130°F for medium, 135°F for medium well, and 140°F for medium well.
- When desired temperature is reached, let meat rest for a minute out of oven to continue cooking and let juices settle before serving.
- Serve with stir fried vegetables, a drizzle of teriyaki, or a dab of prepared Namida® Wasabi Paste.