Smoked Fish on Dill pikelets with Ginger Wasabi Cream
Ingredients – Dill Pikelets
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1 cup Milk
2 cups Flour
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
2 tsp Fresh Dill, chopped
2 tsp Pickled Ginger, finely chopped, for garnish
Fresh Dill sprigs for garnish
- 1) Place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth, a little extra milk may be required if the mixture is too thick.
2) Ladle tablespoons of the mixture into a lightly oiled non stick pan over medium heat.
3) Cook both sides approximately 2 minutes each and cool on a wire rack.
4) Do not grease the pan between pikelets. Cook one after the other until the whole batch is finished.
5) Keep covered with a clean tea towel until ready to serve.
6) These can be made ahead of time and quickly rewarmed in the microwave.
7) Place one warmed pikelet on a plate spread with Wasabi Ginger Cream and top with a layer of smoked fish.
8) Repeat for another layer.
9) Finish with a generous amount of Wasabi Ginger Cream, and garnish with a few slices of pickled ginger and a fresh sprig of dill.
Note: Miniature versions can be made as appetisers.