Soba Noodle Sushi
Serves 8 -10
1/2 pound (225 gm) soba noodles, blanched al dente
1/4 cup finely sliced spring onions (scallions), green part only
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp wasabi oil (recipe follows)
1/4 cup pickled ginger, finely chopped
10 sheets of nori
1 cucumber, peeled and finely julienned
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
Spring Onions (Scallions)
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soba noodles, spring onions (scallions), soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, wasabi oil, and pickled ginger.
- Taste for seasoning.
- On a sushi mat, place one sheet of nori, shiny side down.
- On the bottom third of the nori, place a thin layer of the noodle mixture.
- Place some cucumber and peppers on top.
- Roll tightly.
- Moisten the top edge of the nori with water to seal the sushi roll closed.
- Slice and arrange sushi on a white platter.
- Drizzle it with Wasabi Oil and Soy Syrup.
- Garnish with spring onions (scallions) and sesame seeds.