3 sheets of nori seaweed
Namida® Wasabi paste made with Namida® wasabi powder
Cucumber cut into thin strips
100 grams (4 ozs) smoked salmon
50 grams (2 ozs) salmon roe
8 medium prawns
omelet strip – mix 1 egg, ½ tsp. sugar, and a pinch of salt lightly with a fork. Oil a frying pan, heat and add egg mixture. Tilt to spread the egg thinly and cook till set. Remove to a plate and let set. Roll up and cut into ¼ in. (6 mm) wide strips.
1. Toast the nori sheets by holding directly over a medium low flame and passing it back and forth quickly till slightly crispy.
2. Place a nori sheet on a bamboo rolling mat about ½ in. (12 mm) from end of mat facing you. 3. Spread a small amount of wasabi paste over the nori. Wet hands and spread rice on the nori in a layer about ½ in. (12 mm) thick leaving a ½ in. (12 mm) border at the near and far end.
4. Make a long indentation along the centre of the rice and lay some filling in the trench.
5. Roll the mat tightly away from you making sure that the mat stays on top of the roll and doesn’t get rolled into it.
6. Cut the roll crosswise with a sharp damp knife and serve with soy sauce, pickled ginger and a small amount of wasabi paste on the side.