Treacle Roasted Pork, Figs, Pear & Burnt Orange
4 Trim Pork fillets (trimmed of silver skin)
2 Tbsp Treacle
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
12 Thin Rashers of bacon
3 Tbsp Grape seed oil
8 Turkish Figs (cut in half)
2 Tbsp Port (heated)
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Butter (diced)
1 Pear (peeled & cut into thin wedges)
1 tsp Sea salt
4 cubes Sugar (or 2 Tbsp of castor sugar)
50g Rocket leaves
- Mix the Namida® Wasabi Paste and the treacle. Warm the treacle slightly to make it flow.
- Brush the pork fillets with the Wasabi treacle.
- Place 3 rashers of bacon on a sheet on food wrap
- Place a pork fillet on top of the bacon.
- Roll the bacon around the pork fillet and cover with the food wrap.
- Tie a knot at each end of the pork with the food wrap.
- Repeat for each pork fillet.
- Refrigerate the wrapped pork fillets for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 195°C (380°F)
- Heat up the Port and add the sugar.
- Stir mixture until sugar dissolved. Do not boil.
- Remove the Port mixture from the heat and pour into a sealable container.
- Soak the figs in the hot port mixture stir and allow infusing for 2 hours or more in the sealed container.
- Remove the pork fillet and bacon from the wrapper.
- Heat a sauté pan and add the grape seed oil.
- Add the pork to the pan and seal all the pork surfaces.
- Place into the oven to cook for approx 8-10 minutes depending on the size of the pork fillets.
- Once cooked, remove the pork fillets from the oven to rest.
- Meanwhile, heat a wide saucepan, add the butter and melt.
- Add the sliced pear and sea salt to the saucepan and sauté until golden all over.
- Rub the sugar or sugar cubes into the skin of the orange to get some orange oil from the zest. Use gloves to do this. 🙂
- Add the orange infused sugar to the sauted pears.
- Cut the oranges in half and squeeze the orange juice into the saucepan.
- Reduce the orange juice to a light caramel colour.
- Strain the port and fig mixture into the saucepan.
- Reduce the mixture to a sauce consistency.
- Slice the rested pork fillets into nice rounds (medallions)
- Arrange the figs, pears, rocket leaves and drizzle over the burnt orange sauce and serve.