Salmon Fillets with Roasted Cauliflower Puree
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided in half
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 large head cauliflower, separated into florets
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
1/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp (heaped) Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2-3 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 deg C).
- Toss 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper with cauliflower in a roasting pan.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Place in food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add salmon and saute 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until the skin is crispy and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove salmon from pan and set aside.
- Add soy sauce and honey to skillet, stirring until combined and thoroughly heated.
- Combine Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder and water until a stiff paste; mix well and let stand for a few minutes to allow the flavour to develop.
- To serve, place salmon on top of cauliflower puree; drizzle with honey-soy mixture and serve with a dollop of wasabi mixture.
Note: If you’d like the cauliflower to be creamier, add 1/2 cup plain yogurt to the puree.