Warm Salmon with Wasabi and Avocado
1 Tbsp yuzu juice or fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp freshly made Namida Wasabi paste made from Namida 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
450gm (1 lb) skinless salmon fillet, center-cut, sliced very thinly, sashimi-style
2 ripe avocados, sliced 10mm (1/2-inch) thick, with lemon juice poured over to prevent browning
1 tsp sesame oil
Freshly ground black pepper
4 oven-proof dishes for warming and serving
- Pre-heat the broiler in your oven to high.
- In a small bowl, combine yuzu and wasabi and stir to mix.
- Overlap the avocado slices in a shingle pattern on an oven-proof dish and season with the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush yuzu-wasabi mixture over avocado.
- Top with salmon slices, lightly brush on sesame oil and season.
- Place dishes under broiler until just hot, about 1- 2 minutes.
- The salmon will still be rare.
Enjoy, being careful of the hot plates.