Marinated Rib-Eye With Wasabi Cream
Garlic-Soy Sauce Marinade
1/2 cup soy sauce
8 cloves garlic, grated
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder.
2 rib-eye steaks, each about 450gm (1 lb) and about 25mm (1 inch) thick
The wasabi sauce
- Whisk together the soy sauce, garlic, olive oil and black pepper in a small bowl.
- This marinade can keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Just mix again before using it.
- Pour the marinade into a baking dish.
- Lay the steaks in the marinade, and flip them 4 times to generously coat all over.
- Marinate the steaks for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a grill with a hot zone and a medium zone.
- Grill the steaks, covered, about 8 minutes for medium-rare this way: Start on hot heat for 1 minute, then shift the steaks to medium heat.
- After about 3 minutes, juices will begin to appear on top of the steaks.
- Turn and repeat the two-zone grilling on the other side.
- When the steaks are ready, they’ll be browned and juicy on the surface, and the bone will stick out a bit, as the meat around it has shrunk.
- Let the steaks rest for about 3 minutes before serving with the wasabi sauce.