Warm Smoked Fish Mousse With Tomato Vinegarette
450g (1 lb) smoked fish, skinned and boned,
grated rind of 1/2 lemon or lime
1 Tbs cognac
3 egg whites
2 tsp chopped tarragon
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® wasabi powder
white pepper to taste
150 ml (1/4 pint) of single cream.
- 1) Cube smoked fish
2) Blend in a blender with lemon or lime rind and cognac until smooth
3) Transfer to bowl.
4) Beat in egg whites, tarragon, Namida® Wasabi Paste and pepper
5) Cover and chill for 2 hours
6) Pre heat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
7) Half fill roasting pan with boiling water
8) Place roasting pan on middle shelf in oven
9) Take fish purée from fridge and sit down in larger bowl with crushed ice.
10) Gradually beat in the cream until mixed with the fish purée and put into greased scallops dishes.
11) Place dishes in roasting pan and bake until firm to touch. Remove from oven and leave for 5 minutes.
12) Put moulded mousses on small plates.
13) Pour Tomato Vinaigrette over the mousse, garnish with basil and tarragon sprigs, serve at once.