Smoked Fish Hash
450g (1 lb) potatoes, cubed.
25g (1 oz) butter
1 red onion, chopped
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
225g (8 oz) smoked fish fillet, skinned and cubed.
50g (2 oz) Cheddar cheese, grated.
1 Tbs natural yogurt
1 Tbs Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® wasabi powder
dash of tabasco sauce
- 1) Boil the potatoes for 10 -12 minutes until cooked.
2) Drain well, and mash roughly.
3) Melt the butter in a pan. Preferably non stick.
4) Fry the onion and herbs for 5 minutes.
5) Add the smoked fish, and fry for a further 2 – 3 minutes until the fish is opaque.
6) Add the mashed potato to the pan with all the remaining ingredients.
7) Stir until evenly combined.
8) Spread mixture over the bottom of the pan.
9) Cook over a medium heat for 6 – 8 minutes until any liquid has evaporated, and the underside of the hash is browned.
10) Remove from the heat.
11) Loosen the sides and bottom of the hash with a spatula.
12) Place an up-turned plate over the frying pan.
13) Flip over to invert the hash onto the plate.
14) Serve immediately.