Wasabi and Ginger Baked Salmon
Salmon is quick and easy to prepare. It is recommended that we all consume fish, especially fatty fish such as salmon, at least twice a week. Salmon is not only packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, it also leads the pack when it comes to vitamin D. Apart from all that – it tastes good too!
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger root
4 Salmon fillets (4oz is enough per person)
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine Namida® Wasabi Paste, water, rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice and ginger root.
- Place salmon, skin-side down, in a glass baking dish.
- Cover with wasabi-ginger mixture.
- Cover and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Remove from heat, serve immediately.
Note: If you want more infused flavour in the salmon then allow the salmon fillets to marinate in the wasabi ginger mix for 15 mins before putting into the oven.