Wasabi and Pumpkin Pie
This is a variation on the traditional spiced pumpkin pie served at Thanksgiving in the USA. We have found that by adding wasabi the flavours of the other ingredients are enhanced.
1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 tsp all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup evaporated milk, undiluted
2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 unbaked pastry shell (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Combine pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder, ground ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon and flour.
- Then add eggs and mix evenly.
- Once the ingredients are well mixed, stir in the evaporated milk, water and vanilla and mix well.
- Grease a pie pan and line with pastry.
- Pour contents of the mixture into pastry-lined pie pan.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for the first 15 minutes and then reduce heat to 190°C (375°F) and bake 30 additional minutes, or until centre is set.