1 3/4 cups Wine or Malt biscuits (Graham Cracker) crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
3 pkg. (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract (Try and use real stuff, not artificial)
2 tsp. Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 cup Sour Cream
1 jar apple, strawberry or raspberry jelly for topping
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder (optional – see note).
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl mix crumbs, butter and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Once completely mixed, press evenly on bottom and sides of deep baking dish or spring form pan and set aside.
- Next, use an electric mixer to beat Namida® Wasabi Paste, cream cheese, remaining sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Then beat in eggs, one at a time and carefully blend in sour cream.
- Once the mixture is ready, spread in prepared dish or pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until center is set.
- Turn off oven.
- Leave cheesecake in oven 1 hour with the door slightly ajar.
- Remove from oven.
- Cool completely and then refrigerate overnight.
- Top with apple, strawberry or raspberry jelly before serving.
Note: For extra flavour add 1 tsp Namida® Wasabi paste to the jam before spreading. This needs to be mixed right though the jam. This little trick really intensifies the flavour of the jam. Enjoy!