This is a meal that can be made the night before, heated through and then add the sauce just before serving.
2 Tbsp rice bran oil
4 chicken legs
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup water
1 tsp chopped tarragon
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
Freshly ground salt and black pepper to taste
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made with Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 Tbsp sour cream
1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the chicken legs one at a time and brown well on all sides.
- Bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for about 45 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the portions to a serving dish and keep warm.
- Strain the stock.
- Boil until reduced to about 3/4 cup.
Add the wine, water and seasonings.
It is at this point you stop if you want to eat this dish the next night. If you do, then the next night just heat up the reduced stock and continue below.
- Beat a little of the liquid into the egg yolks then stir back into the saucepan.
- Blend well.
- Add the Namida® Wasabi Paste, sour cream and cayenne to the reduced stock.
- Heat, stirring briskly, but do not boil.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.