Wasabi Goat Cheese Stuffed Salmon
The creamy goats cheese matched with the marinated salmon makes a great combination. Serve with some steamed vegetables or a salad for a delicious meal.
2 Tbsp white miso
1 Tbsp vermouth or white wine
1 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
1 large scallion, or 2 small scallions, minced
1 tsp sesame oil
small pinch of stevia or sugar, to taste
2 tsp water
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
2 5oz salmon fillets
1 1/2 ounces Goats Cheese (Sheep cheese works just as well)
- Whisk together all ingredients except for the salmon and goat cheese.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and pour the marinade over it, turning to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 190 deg C (375 deg F) or turn grill on medium heat.
- With a very sharp knife, carefully cut a slit into each of piece of salmon, so that each one opens like a book.
- Optional: Smear both sides of salmon with small amount of Namida® Wasabi Paste for more heat. 🙂
- Crumble the cheese and divide evenly among the open salmon fillets; then fold each one back over.
- Cook on the grill on top of a piece of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray, or on a baking sheet in the oven, for about 15 minutes or until just opaque.
- Serve immediately.