Wasabi Chili Relish
This is a potent mix that keeps very well in the fridge. It can be used in lots of dishes that require a decent amount of spice and flavour.
When dealing with the chillies wear rubber gloves during preparation or wash hands well after. Failure to do so can result in painful burning of the eyes or skin.
125g hot red chillies
10 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tsp ground cardamom
1/2 cup coarsely chopped coriander leaves and stems
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 tsp White Vinegar
- Place the whole chillies in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the water.
- Remove the stems from the chillies and discard.
- With the back of a knife, scrape out the seeds and discard.
- Make up the Namida® Wasabi Paste to a thick paste with cold water.
- After 5 minutes add the white vinegar and mix well.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or small food processor and mix to a thick paste, adding a little of the water used for soaking if required.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week before using.
- For better keeping, pour a little extra oil on top.
Excellent served with meat or used in cooking.