A sparkling tasting cookie that brings out the flavour of the cocoa and an underlying tingle of the wasabi. Additive.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla paste (or real vanilla extract)
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add the egg, Namida® Wasabi Paste and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Roll the dough into a log, about 5cm wide.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill until very firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the log into 5mm rounds and place on the tray.
- Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack.