This is a standard piece of sushi that can be found almost anywhere these days. Now you can make this at home.
1 sheet nori
2 Tbsp mirin (sweet sake)
454gm (1 lb) short grained rice
1/4 cup Rice Vinegar (or Namida® Wasabi Infused Vinegar)
2 tsp Namida® Wasabi paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder, to taste for the sushi plus additional as an accompaniment if desired
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 tsp salt
24 large cooked Shrimp
soy sauce as an accompaniment
pickled ginger as an accompaniment if desired
- Wash rice; drain 30 minutes; cook.
- Heat mirin, rice vinegar, sugar, and salt until boiling.
- Remove rice from heat and leave 10 minutes.
- Turn into large shallow dish; pour vinegar dressing over.
- Mix gently until rice is at room temperature.
- Shape rice into neat ovals.
- Peel cooked shrimps leaving tails.
- Split down the underside, not all the way through and flatten.
- Use Namida® wasabi paste straight from the jar.
- Dab small amount onto rice ovals: top with shrimp.
- Wrap a thin strip of nori around each oval.
- Serve with Namida® wasabi paste, soy sauce, and pickled ginger.
Makes 24 pieces