Wasabi Crusted Pork
2/3 cup coarse breadcrumbs
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
4 (4-oz) boneless center-cut loin pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
1 tsp peanut oil
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp ground fresh ginger
1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp sake or dry sherry
2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Place egg white in another shallow dish.
- Dip pork in egg white; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; add pork.
- Cook until done, turning once.
- Remove pork from pan; sprinkle pork with salt.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add ginger to pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Combine broth and the next 4 ingredients (through Namida® Wasabi) in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Add broth mixture to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in green onions.
- Spoon sauce over pork.