Wasabi Crusted Tofu
2 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp coriander pods
1 tsp Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
1 package extra-firm tofu
2 heads bok choy
9 oz spinach
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp minced fresh ginger
tamari to taste
2 Tbsp canola oil
- Put all the spice ingredients in a spice/coffee grinder, and add/subtract to taste.
- Remove excess water from the tofu.
- Put a dish towel on a plate, cut the tofu into 1/3 inch slabs, and place another dish towel on top of the tofu.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes or so, occasionally pressing out the water.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Pour the spice blend into a small bowl, and coat the tofu cubes in the spices.
- Cook the tofu in 1 Tbsp canola oil 2-3 min. per side.
- Transfer tofu to a plate.
- Saute ginger and garlic in the remainder of the oil.
- As they begin to brown, add the bok choy and spinach and stir-fry until greens are cooked down, then add tamari to taste (or soy sauce, if you prefer).
- Serve with tofu over udon noodles or rice.