Hot Wasabi Chocolate
This is an indulgent drink to enjoy in front of a roaring fire either outside on a cold evening, or cuddled up with that special someone.
2 cups milk
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Namida® Wasabi Paste made from Namida® 100% Pure Wasabi Powder
pinch salt (leave out if using Black chocolate)
2 Tbsp White chocolate or Black chocolate (my favourite)
- Over medium heat, mix cocoa, sugar, 1 cup milk and water until slightly warm, smooth and creamy.
- Add the rest of the milk, and the salt and keep stirring, until mixture begins to bubble and steam.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another pan, melt the chocolate over low to medium heat until just melted. [Do this in a double boiler – see below].
- Remove the chocolate from heat and stir in the Namida® Wasabi Paste and then set aside.
- Stir cocoa and milk mixture one last time and then pour into large mugs.
- Using a butter knife, swirl in the chocolate and wasabi mix and serve immediately.
Note: Double boiler: Put a smaller saucepan into a bigger one that has water in it. Put the chocolate into the top empty saucepan. Put the whole unit onto the stove and heat the bottom saucepan only. The boiling water transfers heat to the top saucepan and melts the chocolate without it getting so hot that the chocolate burns. [Burnt chocolate tastes horrible!]. Make sure that the bottom saucepan does not run out of water when you are doing this. 🙂